How long can I hold a date?

    You can hold a date free of charge for up to 14 days.

    What is the booking and contract process?

    Within the 14-day hold period, we require that you fill out a facility rental information form. This form will allow us to draw up your contract. Once the contract is sent to you, you have two weeks to return the contract to us signed and with your first deposit. We do not require a deposit on the space until you have had a chance to review the contract. If the form is not received within the 14-day hold period, your hold will automatically expire.

    What is the cancellation policy?

    If you cancel your event at least 120 days prior to your event, you will be refunded the full amount of your deposit(s) less a $200 processing fee. If notification is received fewer than 120 days prior to the date of the event, your rental fee deposit will be forfeited, but you will receive a credit against the rental fee forfeiture if the venue is subsequently rented on the same date.

    What is included with the facility?

    Your rental fee pays for the use of the space only. Any benches, fans and speciality lights already in the venue are included with the rental fee as well. We do not provide any tables, chairs or other additional supplies for events, but these can be supplied by catering companies or any other rental companies. Tables and chairs used in our spaces must have rubber or wooden feet in order to prevent scratching.

    What catering companies do you allow?

    If the event is to be catered, the caterer must be selected from among these fourteen approved caterers: 

    Praline at Glen Echo Park also provides delicious and beautiful wedding and special occasion cakes! Contact information for these caterers can be supplied upon request.

    Are there any restrictions in regards to alcohol?

    Since Glen Echo Park is a National Park, you must apply for an Alcoholic Beverage Permit through the National Park Service in order to serve alcohol. The Partnership will provide the application form and submit the completed form on your behalf at no fee. Only beer, wine, hard seltzer, and champagne may be served; all hard liquor is prohibited and there is no exception to this rule. Food must be served at an event with alcohol. A security fee of $16 per hour may apply to events where alcohol is served depending on the facility.

    You may supply the alcoholic beverages for the event or go through the caterer. All alcohol must be controlled, opened and served by the caterer’s personnel. Both service and consumption of alcohol are restricted to only the venue(s) you have rented.  

    What times can I rent the facility?

    The Spanish Ballroom can be rented for a full day (10:00 am to 1:00 am) and the Bumper Car Pavilion can be rented for a full day (10:00 am to 1:00 am) or daytime only (8:00 am to 6:00 pm). Additional hours can be added at the beginning of a full day rental or at the end of a daytime rental for an additional cost and based on availability. Additional hours cannot be added past 1:00 am. Prices vary depending on the time period chosen, day of the week, and month of the year (see pricing sheet for details).

    There are other facilities available for rent at the Park for a minimum of four hours, with additional hours available. Rental times for all of our spaces include the time needed for set up and clean up, in addition to the event.

    Can I have my wedding ceremony at the Park?

    Yes. There are several places to have your ceremony at Glen Echo, depending on how many people you are expecting and what you are looking for in a ceremony site. The throwing of seeds, confetti or rice is prohibited but bubbles or flower petals are allowed. Ceremony sites are rented as an additional space and have their own rental prices.

    Can I rent the Carousel for my event?

    The Carousel is available as an add-on only for large rentals in the park. The Carousel can only be rented for additional hours May - September, starting no earlier than 5:30 pm and ending no later than 10:00 pm. The Carousel can be rented for a minimum of one hour or a maximum of two consecutive hours. If rented outside of normal operating hours, the Carousel must remain open to all park visitors, and does not convey or imply exclusive use to the Renter. The rental fee does not include the cost of tickets for event attendees who ride the Carousel. Tickets can be arranged in advance with pricing based on the number of tickets purchased.

    Are there any decorating restrictions?

    Because Glen Echo Park is a National Park and its buildings are historic properties, great care must be taken to protect and preserve these structures. The use of tape, staples or nails to affix decorations or signs to the Pavilion is strictly prohibited.  Flammable substances and open flames are not permitted in or near ANY Park structure. Balloons are allowed as long as they are firmly secured. The release of balloons in the Park is not allowed.  

    Is there a sound system in the facility?

    The Spanish Ballroom, Bumper Car Pavilion and Ballroom Back Room have in-house sound systems. The Ballroom and Pavilion both also have a built-in stage. If a house sound system is to be used, the person who will be operating it must be trained in advance by a member of the Partnership staff. Other spaces in the Park do not have a sound system. Please contact the Rentals Associate for additional information.

    Are there any music restrictions?

    Live or DJ-provided music is permitted in the Spanish Ballroom, Bumper Car Pavilion and Ballroom Back Room. All music must end by 11:30 pm for outdoor pavilions. 

    Are candles permitted?

    Because our buildings are historic, no open flames (including sternos) are allowed in or near any of the buildings. As an alternative, LED candles and votives may be used.

    Are there any other restrictions I should be aware of?

    Since the Spanish Ballroom is an historic building, we take great care in preserving the dance floor. Because of this, if any food or refreshments is served in the Ballroom itself the floor must be covered with a waterproof carpet wherever food or drink service and consumption will occur. This is done at the renter's own expense and arrangement. The Partnership is happy to recommend vendors that can provide this service.

    Since there is no heat in the Bumper Car Pavilion and Spanish Ballroom, can I bring in additional heaters?

    The Spanish Ballroom and Bumper Car Pavilion have electric heat panels or lamps that can help to heat parts of the space. Additionally, the Bumper Car Pavilion has clear plastic sides that can be lowered to enclose the space.  Several of our vendors are able to provide auxiliary heating and cooling solutions for the Pavilion – ask us for more info!

    What happens if the Park is closed due to inclement weather or power outage?

    If the Park must close for reasons related to severe inclement weather (snow, ice, hurricane), power outages, or other unforeseeable circumstances, the Renter will be allowed to reschedule the event based on availability, or receive a partial refund. The Partnership will not be responsible for fees or costs incurred related to caterers, bands or other vendors due to rescheduling or cancellation.

    How is parking at Glen Echo Park handled?

    Parking is free at Glen Echo Park. We have a large main lot off of Oxford Road that your guests may use. Unfortunately, overnight parking is not allowed. The parking lot located beneath the main “Glen Echo Park” sign requires a permit 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There is limited parking available in the small parking lot off of MacArthur Blvd., which is permit-only seven days a week until 4:00 pm. There are handicap parking spaces in all of these lots.

    Are there any discounts available?

    There are discounts for higher-level donors. Please ask the Partnership staff to see if your contribution to the Park qualifies you for a discount. Unfortunately, we do not have discounts for nonprofit organizations or residents of Montgomery County.

    Is smoking allowed?

    Smoking is not allowed in any of our buildings or structures. Smoking is permitted outside any of our buildings or structures, and there are receptacles in the park for safe cigarette disposal.

    Do you have any smaller indoor rooms?

    We have two available rooms to rent in the North Arcade building: the single room can hold up to 30 people, and the double room can hold up to 60. These rooms are rented at an additional cost.


    Return to Rentals >>