GLEN ECHO PARK AQUARIUM
Due to COVID-19, the Aquarium is open by appointment only.
Hours: 9am- 5 pm (open every day) | Tickets: $8 per person, ages 2 & up.
You may also book over the phone or by text at 571.334.8713.
The Glen Echo Park Aquarium (GEPA) is a Chesapeake Bay Discovery Center based in Glen Echo Park. The Aquarium is open every day and includes live animal exhibits as well as marine artifacts that help visitors appreciate and learn about our nation's largest estuary. Follow water's journey from rain clouds through the watershed to the Chesapeake Bay in our aquarium exhibit. See what organisms are affected along the way. Experience aquatic animals up close in our touch tank and learn what you can do to keep our watershed safe. Outside the aquarium, explore the grounds and see out GEPA skipjack as your learn about fishing in the Bay -- or pretend you are a pirate on an adventure!
- Private or semi-private half hour marine biology tour with educators!
- Live animal habitats with periodic feedings!
- Touch Tank where you can physically feel some of the amazing animals that live in our Chesapeake Bay!
- Pirate Ship! Come aboard the GEPA ship, alongside some experienced pirates, you can travel the Chesapeake and search for the TREASURE!
- Sand boxes, filled with adventure!
- Birthday Parties for all ages
- Outreach lessons for schools, classes and daycares (both in person and virtually)
Hours & Fees
Entrance Fee: $8 general public; FREE for children under 2
Fall, Winter, & Spring (late-August through mid-June):
Open 7 days a week
9am to 5pm
Summer/Camps Season (mid-June through late-August):
Open 7 days a week
11:30am to 5pm
Closed during Birthday Parties and Private Events.
Holiday Closures: Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Hours are subject to change; please call to confirm or visit www.gepaquarium.org for additional information.
For More Information About Glen Echo Aquarium
Glen Echo Park Aquarium's Website Glen Echo Park Aquarium's Facebook